Friday 25 January 2013

Sea Lion Goldfish

Well, it's dream time again.  Last night's dream was so disturbing I will only cope with the day ahead if I share it with the world. Those who know me well will know that I have a goldfish. I used to have more than one but this one (Fred) is now 12 years old and has survived multiple moves and has steadily grown in size down the years. I currently house him in a globe style tank with several amenities. He's not got a bad life has Fred. Overnight he turned into a sea lion. Let me explain.

I'm feeling slightly under the weather again today (sore throat etcl) and when I am not feeling 100% my dreams always appear to be more anxiety driven. During my REM (Rapid Eye Movement, I used to know a lad who hilariously thought it was an acronym for Rapid Ear Movement) sleep this morning, I returned home to find that the fish tank had grown considerably and so had Fred. I thought maybe I was imagining things then the next day he grew again, as did the tank, and so on and so on. Eventually, one day I got home to find he had leapt out of his now enormous tank, was now the size of a sea lion (with his original face and colouring) and had grown legs.

As I tried to catch him he threw himself back in the tank again and was using his new sea lion goldfish legs to swim around.  I decided to leave him to it and watched the television for a while.  I then decided to switch the television on (sorry, old gag I know). Finally, he threw himself out of the tank again. I'd tired of him now so tried to grab him in an attempt to heave him back in the tank. OK, after this catharsis I feel a little better now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment