Wednesday 23 April 2014

Through The Window

Through the window I viewed a seedy underworld
Squatters and addicts, the lifeless and legless
Dealers and pushers, the hopeless and homeless

Through the window I viewed a foreboding church
Dwindling parishioners in two's and three's
Preparing for prayers on their knees

Through the window I viewed seekers of asylum
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
Their previous lives now a funeral pyre

Through the window I viewed static traffic
There's no rush in a Mancunian rush hour
Frustrated commuters with faces so sour

Through the window I viewed a future soap star
A demonstrative teenager acting the fool
Playing to an audience to and from school

Through the window I gazed into my future
I saw no happiness from this point of view
Without ceremony I left for pastures new

No comments:

Post a Comment