Wednesday 15 August 2012

Living in the 23rd Century with Shobna Gulati

I've listened to other people sharing their dream stories down the years and more often than not they are as entertaining as a dentist's waiting room for the listener. With this in mind, bear with me as I will try and make it as captivating as possible

For those not familiar with the name Shobna Gulati, she is a very talented British born actress of Indian heritage who has worked on TV and in the theatre but last night Shobna and I partied together in the distant future. When I say distant, I mean REALLY distant as I estimated the year to be sometime in the 23rd century.

We may have been a celebrity couple in the 23rd century but the media were still coining their phrases so we were known as "Chribna". The world had evolved to the point where there were no cars, just an intricate network of pathways in the sky that transferred passengers to their destinations by a few clicks on their futuristic wristbands.

We lived together in a sprawling apartment, most of which was taken up by Shobna's clothes and shoes. We had been invited to yet another celebrity party.  In the dream she was a bit diva-ish.. Each outfit she was trying on became increasingly inappropriate. There were no 50 Shades of Grey undertones here (why would there be as it would have been a 200 year old film) I was just annoyed that she was inevitably going to be the centre of attention again and her scantily dressed appearance would be available to view on every pubescent teenage boy's 23rd century wristwatch. This made me feel understandably uncomfortable.

We made our way onto the first class Skypath (a 23rd century mode of transport), then arrived at the party in seconds, even though it was at the other end of the country.  Shobna got rather "tipsy" as I sipped an "every fruit in the world" organic drink. I could hear all the other women bitching about her enviable figure and many of the male guests were trying to chat her up . After a while I became even more frustrated with her and left her to her own devices.

Later in the evening my brother turned up at the party so I reached into my coat pocket and produced a pack of playing cards whereupon we played Pontoon until the early hours....then I woke up. End of dream

No comments:

Post a Comment