Friday 22 March 2013

I Met My Love By A Fax Machine

I met my love by a fax machine
A backdrop of colleagues with ridiculous hair
When mobiles were carried in huge cases
Tories in power who never did care

A soul-less business in the era of the yuppie
Sharp suits, sharper lies in offices of deceit
Ripped jeans and curly hair was my look of choice
Shoulder pads, pencil skirts, stilettos on her feet

An Irish/Italian union
Boiling blood, harsh words, little saving grace
Too much teasing, immature, displeasing
An insult too many then a slap across my face

Wounded and bruised, my ego in tatters
Notched down a peg or two, maybe even four
Solace found in football and beer
When love knocked on my door

The olive-skinned girl tamed her temper
Her warm heart revealed in my second sight
My life changed forever when consumed by her love
From out of darkness to eternal light

No comments:

Post a Comment