Thursday 28 March 2013

Chased By A Penguin

So there I was washing the dishes in the kitchen. Just like any other day really.  The Fairy Liquid entered the bowl to be met by a stream of hot water.  The bowl filled and I placed the unwashed glasses in to the bowl.  I proceeded to wash the first glass when it happened....

The kitchen window looks out onto a patio area behind the house.  Whilst carrying out this menial task I occasionally glanced out of the window to view a passing bird, cat or......Emperor penguin !  Yes, you read that correctly reader.  This tallest of penguins had stopped outside the aforementioned window and was now staring into my eyes.  I froze in shock.  The penguin then slapped it's beak against the window in a most threatening fashion.

Panic took over and foolishly I decided to run out of the back door and head for the front garden.  I looked behind me and the fish eating monster was now bearing down on me.  I ran as fast as I could out into the street but my predator was now waddling towards me at unfeasibly high speed.  Suddenly, I saw a bus ahead and fled to the bus stop.  The Emperor was now closing in on me.  As I reached the bus stop the driver stopped and opened his doors.  I leapt on board and to my huge relief the driver closed the doors in the nick of time, as a huge beak was now pounding at the doors of the bus.  As the driver sped off I turned around....and woke up.  It's another one of my vivid nightmares.  I've booked myself in for therapy...

No comments:

Post a Comment