Friday 1 March 2013

Talking Teddies

On an adjacent chair to the main seating area in the lounge of my house is a collection of toys or "teddies" as you may know them.  Apparently, it's so they can watch the TV as well. Anyway, amongst them is Rory the Irish bear, Cheers Chimp, Floppy the brown dog and a whole collection of fluffy pigs.

Recently, my sleep was disturbed by yet another wholly disturbing dream. The above collection of inanimate creatures came to life before my eyes and started talking to me. They even had their own accent. Rory sounded like Father Dougal from Father Ted; Cheers Chimp, unsurprisingly, sounded like Woody from Cheers and Floppy the brown dog took on the voice of Dale Winton (?!). In my dream I was shouting to my long suffering wife to come into the room to see this amazing sight before me. When she saw them, they all stopped talking, then started again when she left the room. This repeated itself 3 or 4 times. Finally, in my dream, my head must have gone completely as I exclaimed something so loudly that I awoke the aforementioned wife who in turn woke me up. I was sweating and my heart was racing. I told her the talking teddies were annoying me....

No comments:

Post a Comment